What does the future hold for India-focused real estate private equity investors? One thing is for sure, the times are changing.
- There is limited room for debt
- Serious long-term investors are in the market, however, may take their time to invest
- Investment criteria need to shift away from IRR (2007) to quality of partners
- Partner selection is critical, alignment of strategies and mindset should be the key criteria
- Smaller developers and developers with unfavorable track record will struggle to find partners
- The industry is set for consolidation on the back of balance sheet strength
- Government has resolved many issues faced by foreign investors
Find out more in our recent India Capital Markets paper.