Maryland’s newest multifamily community, Alta Liberty Mill is a 304-unit LEED Silver Certified mid-rise style property.
- Excellent location and regional connectivity: Located across the street, and within a 5-minute walk, from Alta Liberty Mill is the Germantown MARC train station, which provides residents access to the entire Washington, DC metro region as well as access to Amtrak and WMATA’s metro rail subway system.
- Limited competition: Alta Liberty Mill benefits from a lack of supply in the submarket. There is only one new community expected to deliver over the next three years.
- Affluent resident base: The current tenant base at the Property boasts an average household income of US$120,000. Furthermore, within a 1 mile radius, 48 percent of the population has a bachelor’s degree or better.
- Proximity to top employers: Alta Liberty Mill is located near the US Department of Energy’s Germantown headquarters with 1,800 employees, in addition to Holy Cross Germantown Hospital, GE Aviation, Hughes Network Systems, and the National Institute of Standards and Technology.
- Excellent schools: Alta Liberty Mill is part of the Montgomery County Public School (MCPS) system, which is the largest in Maryland and the 17th largest in the U.S. with more than 159,000 students enrolled. MCPS boasts 37 Blue Ribbon Schools and seven of its high schools are within the top 20 out of 190 of the 2016 Washington Post Most Challenging High Schools list.
Managing Director, JLL